HJFF Guest Expectations
Hereford Junior Farm Fair Guest Expectations
The mission of the HJFF is to promote Agriculture and empower the Youth of today by exhibiting and trying new projects and classes at our Fair. We want everyone – spectators and exhibitors alike – to have a memorable experience, and to come away with lifelong memories each year.
Keeping this and the general safety and well-being of the exhibitors, parents, volunteers and livestock in mind, the HJFF would like you to be aware of the general rules and regulations that follow. These include, but are not limited to:
- Please adhere to the General Rules and Regulations of the Baltimore County Recreation and Parks office. These can be reviewed at: www.baltimorecountymd.gov/Agencies/recreation/policies/index.html
- Please limit personal interaction with the livestock. Our livestock are well cared for and are used to human interaction, but they are at a different location than normal and may be nervous. And, while Livestock education is paramount to our mission statement, we would ask that you:
- Keep a respectful distance from livestock
- Do not bring balloons
- Do not use loud voices or make sudden movements
- Do not run in the livestock area
- Please keep all dogs away from the livestock. Your dog may be well-trained and would not harm livestock, but the livestock are not used to your dog.
- Please wash hands after interacting with livestock, or after being in the livestock areas.
- Please do not eat or drink from open containers in the livestock areas.
- Please park in designated areas only and follow directions of the Parking Attendants.
- Drone use is prohibited.
- Use of Selfie Sticks is prohibited on the “People Mover”.
- Possession/use of alcohol and/or controlled substances is strictly prohibited.
- Smoking and Vaping are prohibited in or around any structures or shows.
- Use of motorized vehicles outside of the designated parking areas is prohibited.
- While you are welcome to look at them, please do not touch, pick up or move the Indoor Exhibits.
- No solicitors or solicitation is allowed without written consent of the HJFF.
- The use of skateboards, roller blades, scooters, skates, and bicycles are prohibited.
- Protests, megaphones, abusive language and disruptive behavior will not be allowed.
The Hereford Junior Farm Fair does not discriminate against anyone due to race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, religion, political affiliation, and gender identity or expression, and we ask that you do the same.