Department 24 - Demonstrations - Saturday
A demonstration is a type of public speaking that explains how to perform an action easily and effectively. The speaker creates a presentation that may combine verbal explanations, visual aids and practical performances to instruct how to acquire a skill, accomplish a procedure, or understand a process. Topics can be diverse, such as “How to make biscuits,” or “How to draw a cartoon,” or “How I provide pet visitations for the elderly.” Demonstrations will be judged on subject matter, presentaion style, and audience impact.
- Online registration must be completed by July 15. An incomplete entry form may lead to disqualification. www.herefordjrfarmfair.com
- Demonstrations will be held on Saturday. Every effort will be made to schedule the demonstration in advance to avoid a time conflict with the exhibitor’s participation in outdoor classes.
- Participants will be provided a score sheet in advance to better prepare their presentations.
- Each demonstrator will be allowed 15 minutes to present his/her demonstration for the judge(s) as well as an audience that is open to the public.
- Presentations will be held outdoors (weather permitting.)
- A table and sound system will be available.
- Food Demonstrations must include a recipe and a finished product. (Per Health Department regulations, no food samples may be given out.)
- Brand name endorsements are not allowed. Brand names should not be mentioned or visually apparent on any item.
In addition to ribbons, a cash premium of $8.00 will be awarded for each demonstration.