Any questions about this Department should be directed to the chairman
with the Contact Us Form: Attention Beef Dept.
- Animals shown in Beef Department must be registered in the name of the exhibitor or have a written consent form.
- Exhibitors must follow these and all guidelines in General Regulations.
- Provisions will be made for light and heavy classes if the number of entries warrants division.
- Provisions will be made for showing breeding animals.
- Exhibitor ages for Fitting & Showmanship classes (as of January 1 of current year): Junior 10 years old and under, Intermediate 11 through 13 years, Senior 14 through 21 years.
Section A: Showmanship
(Please pre- register for appropriate age group for showmanship classes)
Note: Weight classes will be determined after weigh-in for each breed of Market Steers
Section B: Registered Market Steers
Angus, Hereford, Shorthorn, Simmental, Other
(Registration papers from the Breed Association must be available for review)
04502 Market Steer
Section C: Crossbred Market Steers
04503 Market Steer
Section D: Beef Heifers
Beef Heifers are shown by breed: Angus, Hereford, Shorthorn, Simmental, Other
(Registration papers from the Breed Association must be available for review.)
|04504||Junior calf born 1/1 of current year or after|
|04505||Late senior calf born between 11/1 and 12/31 of previous year|
|04506||Early senior calf born between 9/1 and 10/31 previous year|
|04507||Late summer yearling born between 7/1 and 8/31 of previous year|
|04508||Early summer yearling born between 5/1 and 6/30 previous year|
|04509||April junior yearling born between 4/1 and 4/30 previous year|
|04510||March junior yearling born between 3/1 and 3/31 previous year|
|04511||January yearling born between 1/1 and 2/28 previous year|
|04512||Cow with natural calf at side, calf born after 1/1 current year|
Section F: Commercial Beef Heifers
04513 Classes will be divided by weight
Section G: Bull Calves
04514 Bull Calf (calved after May 1 current year)